Derivative an its applications.
Derivative, in mathematics, the rate of change of a function with respect to a variable. Derivatives are fundamental to the solution of problems in calculus and differential equations.
Application of derivative:
There are various applications of derivatives not only in maths and real life but also in other fields like science, engineering, physics, etc.
Application of derivative in maths:
- Rate of Change of a Quantity
- Increasing and Decreasing Functions
- Tangent and Normal to a Curve
- Minimum and Maximum Values
- Newton’s Method
- Linear Approximations
Application of derivatives in real life:
- To calculate the profit and loss in business using graphs.
- To check the temperature variation.
- To determine the speed or distance covered such as miles per hour, kilometer per hour etc.
- Derivatives are used to derive many equations in Physics.
- In the study of Seismology like to find the range of magnitudes of the earthquake.