Ectoderm is one of the three germinal layers. The entire body of tadpole and frog is derived from this layer. The fate of ectoderm i.e. the tissue and organs derived from this layer are:
1) Epidermis and epidermal glands, pineal glands, posterior and intermediate lobes of pituitary gland.
2) Internal ear.
3) Nasal and olfactory epithelia.
6) Enamel of teeth.
7) Lining of mouth cavity and cloaca.
8) Cranial cartilages and cartilages of visceral arches.
9) Buccal cavity (stomodeum) and rectum (proctodeum).
10) Conjuction, lens, cornea, and retina of each eye.
11) Some glands- sweat glands, oil glands, mammary glands, salivary glands, and lacrimal glands.
Please Sign In to ask your question.
Aakriti Karki • Biology
Cleavage is the process of division of zygote cell. It starts just 2-3 hours of fertilization. All divisions are mitotic and holoblastic as divisio...